Farm Business Consultants (FBC) has helped to Make Life Less Taxing for Farm and Small Business owners across Canada for 65 years. With over 50,000 Members from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, FBC brings together a strong team of tax experts with one of Canada’s most sophisticated tax engines to ensure our Members pay the least amount of taxes over the long run. Our customers benefit from our industry leading Membership model that provides year-round services. Members count on FBC for proactive tax planning, business consulting, the best possible tax return, and the security of audit protection through their Membership. Please visit us at www.fbc.ca to learn more about our service and product offerings.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented, highly organized and service-minded individual to join our Human Resources team in Calgary, AB as our Learning & Development Administrator.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning & Development, the Learning & Development Administrator is responsible for organizing and developing content, administering, tracking, and reporting on FBC’s training initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the set-up and implementation of our new learning portal, powered by Degreed. The successful candidate will provide support to front-line managers and employees using this learning portal and be a key part of the development and implementation of the system. Once the learning portal is in place, the Learning & Development Administrator will focus on developing and managing content, and aligning this with FBC employee learning pathways and profiles.
Functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the set-up and implementation of the new learning portal, including loading and aligning content with specific role learning pathways.
- Administer the learning portal, establishing and maintaining user groups, supporting user access and providing end-user support.
- Assist with researching and identifying new training content, and aligning the learning pathways within the portal.
- Create and update training documents by following defined guidelines and processes, researching various sources of information and interacting with subject matter experts.
- Edit documents for grammar, language and compliance.
- Administer training courses and learning events including preparing course resources, managing class lists, and tracking student attendance and grades.
- Prepare, print and distribute training materials, reports and other digital resources for workshops, online and on-the-job training.
- Produce reports on all training activity including user progress, evaluations, certifications, and compliance.
- Create and issue training evaluation surveys, and analyze the results.
- Organize the logistical aspects of our training programs.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in Adult Education, Business or Training.
- 3 years of supporting learners and administering learning content in a training environment.
- Experience administering learning management systems, databases or SharePoint.
- Experience supporting users of a learning management system.
- Experience writing and updating technical, procedural and/or reference information.
- Experience providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Preference for candidates with knowledge of training program delivery, adult learning, learning management systems, and/or use of eLearning authoring tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with peers, employees, external customers, and other key stakeholders.
- Strong administration skills including proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ideally SharePoint or other file storage system.
- Able to thrive in a changing environment and handle multiple priorities with a high attention to detail.
- A demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
Attributes and Aptitudes
- A willingness to support others and provide great customer service.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn new systems and processes.
- A natural inclination for administration and organization, and a careful attention to detail.
- Creative problem solver.
A career with FBC provides:
- An opportunity to build a long and rewarding career in an established and well-respected organization that provides variety and ongoing training within a supportive team environment.
- Career advancement opportunities – FBC has a promote from within focus.
- Full company benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, Disability coverage, and a Health Spending Account.
- Regular staff social events.
- A charitable donation matching program for all staff.
Join us and build a career with FBC!
Please submit current cover letter and resume, in one document, via our Careers page at www.fbc.ca. Enter job i.d. "2017-1565" into the search bar to immediately bring up this job. Click on the posting title and then click on the "Apply for this job online" button at the bottom of the job posting.
This posting will be active until December 31, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please note: while we thank all who are interested and apply for jobs at FBC, only those selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.
FBC is committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace. We strive to provide accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation may be made at any stage of the recruitment and selection process providing the applicant meets the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
To receive a copy of a job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com.