FBC is Canada's largest farm and small business tax specialist. We provide a specialized in-home farm and business tax service that is second to none.
We are growing and looking to add a Local Tax Consultant in Training (LTT) to our Barrie team.
Our Local Tax Consultants are the face of FBC in the communities we serve and a huge reason our Members stick with us year over year. Your experience and strong skills with numbers and detail, combined with our extensive training and development program, will ensure your success in this role. Join us and be a part of the solution for our valued Members!
- the ability to work from home when you are not visiting clients.
- comprehensive training and development and a supportive environment to ensure your success.
- a flexible schedule.
- an opportunity to build a rewarding, long-term career.
- a proven process with state of the art software and tools.
- a superior remuneration structure that rewards for performance. Compensation includes a base salary supplemented by commissions and a bonus program. For the right person, earnings potential is high and there is no ceiling.
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability benefits along with a Health Spending Account.
- Annual incentive trips to exciting destinations.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the LTT is a key member of a team of trusted advisors who make life less taxing for Farm and Small Business owners. The LTT role is all about service! You will look after our valued Members and be the face of FBC in the communities in which we operate. A typical week as an LTT involves providing Member service, participating in career development activities and growing a territory. You will visit Members at their homes or places of business, gathering necessary financial information as well as providing advice and consultation. You will also focus a portion of your time on prospecting, acquiring referrals and selling new memberships.
As our Local Tax Consultant in Training, you will:
- Collect financial information from Members which will be used to prepare tax returns and other government reports
- Complete analyses and provide advice to Members on tax-related issues
- Develop a thorough understanding of the services available to Members and of the processes followed to ensure that outstanding service is provided
- Represent FBC in the communities in which we operate
- Conduct prospecting activities to meet with and sign up new Members
- Build strong customer relationships within your assigned territory
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to your own personal development
- Deliver exceptional service and demonstrate the highest integrity at all times
Education and Experience
- Technical and practical skills in Accounting or bookkeeping
- Experience and a record of success building strong customer relationships
- Knowledge of personal/corporate tax preparation and planning would be an asset
- A diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business, or associated field OR equivalent work experience in accounting or taxation is preferred
- The ability to travel throughout the territory, including occasionally overnight
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are essential
- You are personally in full compliance and up-to-date on all governmental tax filings – personal and corporate tax and GST, if applicable
Please submit current cover letter and resume, in one document, via our Careers page at www.fbc.ca Search for job i.d. 2018-1587 and click on the "Apply for this job online" button at the bottom of the job posting.
Deadline for submissions: January 31, 2018, or as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Reviews of submissions will begin immediately.
Please note: while we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.
Only applications submitted through our careers page will be considered.
Farm Business Consultants (FBC) has helped to Make Life less Taxing for Farm and Small Business owners across Canada for 65 years. With over 50,000 Members from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, FBC brings together a strong team of tax experts with one of Canada’s most sophisticated tax engines to ensure our Members pay the least amount of taxes over the long run. Our customers benefit from our industry leading Membership model that provides year round services. Members count on FBC for proactive tax planning, business consulting, the best possible tax return, and the security of audit protection through their Membership. You are invited to visit us at www.fbc.ca to learn more about our wonderful company!
FBC is committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace. We strive to provide accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation may be made at any stage of the recruitment and selection process providing the applicant meets the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
To receive a copy of a job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com.