The Branch Administrator is the face of FBC to our Members, potential Members and the public. The Branch Administrator is highly personable, professional, and energetic. They are relied on to provide superior customer service, excellent communications and top-level organizational skills for the branch. The Branch Administrator is reliable and eager to learn. This role is key to enhancing the Member experience.
Functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answering, transferring and directing incoming calls – using listening skills to accurately discern how and where the calls are to be directed
- Playing a key role in enhancing the Member experience by providing exemplary service at every interaction and ensuring customer concerns are handled promptly
- Collaborating with all staff to ensure a professional and efficient operation and environment, continuously and proactively seeking ways to improve processes
- Maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive Member information and data
- Prepare, review and file confidential documents, reports and other correspondence materials
- Entering data into internal databases and tracking systems
- Supporting tax processing functions through activities such as:
- filing and scanning documents as required
- verifying, posting and depositing Member fees and contracts
- Maintaining and coordinating the ordering of office supplies
- Providing front line support for the branch
- Planning and coordinating branch functions and meetings
- Managing and/or assisting with branch reporting, appointment booking, organizing travel, NSF’s, deposits, invoicing, accounts payable, and updating/filing/scanning documents as required
- Updating job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational/training opportunities
- Assisting with staff recruitment activities as necessary
- Contributing to the team effort by performing other related and relevant administrative duties as required
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a grade 12 education – some post-secondary education is preferred, although relevant and equivalent experience will also be considered
- 2+ years of front-line customer service experience
- One or more years of experience in an administrative role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of written and verbal English with excellent communication skills
- Top-level organizational and time management skills
- Well-developed telephone skills
- Able to problem solve and resolve conflicts in a busy work environment
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Basic tax, accounting or bookkeeping skills would be considered an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- An aptitude for learning to use internal databases and computer systems
- Thrives in a busy, flexible and evolving environment while working independently or within a team
- Prompt, reliable and a record of excellent attendance
Join us and build a career with FBC!
Please submit current cover letter and resume, in one document, via our Careers page at www.fbc.ca . Search for Job I.D. 2018-1674 and click on the "Apply for this job online" button at the bottom of the job posting.
Deadline for submissions: November 30th, 2018, or as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Reviews of submissions will begin immediately.
Please note: while we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.
Only applications submitted through our careers page will be considered.