This position will report into our London, ON branch office, however, we are seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to help us grow our business in and around the city, in the Kitchener and Waterloo areas. If you have a passion for sales and a talent for building relationships, apply today!
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you are responsible for winning New Members within our target markets through prospecting, generating referrals, managing your sales pipeline, and following up on leads and contacts.
You work as part of a collaborative sales team with the Business Development Coordinators, Marketing and the local branch team.
You will meet with prospects in their place of business when you are not working from home to generate leads and manage your pipeline. You will also spend time in the local branch meeting with the team and participating in training.
A typical week involves attending a speaking engagement or event, leveraging your network through phone calls and social media to generate leads, meeting with and presenting FBC to prospects in their place of business and meeting with the FBC team (branch, lead generation, marketing) to collaborate on prospecting and sales pipeline management.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
As our successful candidate, you:
- Operate with integrity and demonstrate credibility to build rapport and trust in the communities that we serve, laying the foundation for a long-term relationship with FBC
- Proactively prospect for New Members
- Clearly communicate FBC’s value proposition and the value that FBC membership delivers through presentations to individuals and groups
- Skillfully identify potential prospects’ needs and present appropriate solutions, guiding them through the sales process
- Utilize sales systems and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage a sales pipeline, organize sales activities, and record sales results
- Leverage the range of FBC marketing solutions and support including social media, events, presentations, and generated appointments to win New Members
- Three or more years of outside sales experience
- Proven success selling intangibles is preferred
- Experience in customer service, customer relations or key account management
- A post-secondary education in Marketing, Business or Finance would be considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional tact and diplomacy, listening and presentation skills
- Superior self-motivation to drive results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to present in both formal and informal settings
- Strong relationship selling skills and relationship management, networking and account strategy capabilities
- Proven prospecting success through both networking and social media, and cold calls
WORKING CONDITIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- The ability to meet with prospects and attend speaking engagements and events in the communities that we serve
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for out of town travel (some overnight travel may be required)
A career with FBC also provides:
- An opportunity to develop your career with ongoing training in a supportive team environment
- Career advancement opportunities – FBC has a promote from within focus
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability coverage, and a Health Spending Account
- A charitable donation matching program for all staff
Join us and build a career with FBC!
Please submit current cover letter and resume, in one document, via our Careers page at www.fbc.ca. Search for Job I.D. 2018-1701 and click on the "Apply for this job online" button at the bottom of the job posting.
Deadline for submissions: January 31st, 2019, or as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Reviews of submissions will begin immediately.
Please note: while we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.
Only applications submitted through our careers page will be considered.